Thursday, May 14, 2009

Elements of a Smile

The Beatles said it was a warm gun.
Gandhi created a recipe for it
We're all on the search
for what we breathe in
unknowingly everyday.
I could drown in the vagueness
but I'd rather embrace the fire.

Let me see your face
free of shadows
in the sunlight.
You are warm
--relaxed.
Sunshine
drapes around
your neck,
the most delicate noose.
If this isn't happiness
what is?

Wake up!
Smell the citrus rays.
Carry it in your pocket
for days too fast paced.
Urgency is the worst coffee
so
slow
down.

I am wide awake
and I don't even need
another reason
to chase after stars.
I know they have been dead
for years.

But I'll dance for them
What other time is there
to do it?
We have the absolute right to.
You are the only person
in that very spot right now.
So take your space,
and smile.

No comments: